In this month’s Intuitive Eating Coaching call with Heather’s Intuitive Eating Coaches–Erin Todd and Char Lee Haze– we talk about how hard it is to actually make it past step one in Intuitive Eating. Step one of Intuitive Eating involves recognizing and turning from Diet Culture so you can reclaim your power to choose the foods and methods of eating that are best for your body. But today we talk about navigating the body changes that come when you stop dieting. We also talk about how ditching diets and “rebelling” against diets are two very different things. There are many informative and encouraging truths about defeating diet mentality in this episode.
Need help defeating diet mentality? Here are some other places today’s conversation goes:
- What happens when our bodies transition from being underfoot or underhydrated.
- Why dieting and manipulating, changing body size is truly an addiction.
- How powerless it can feel to notice changes in your body and not turn to dieting.
- Navigating the tension between who I am in Christ and who I want to be, physically.
- Why we struggle with being human (imperfect, changing, aging, etc…)
- How we use Diet Culture rules to keep us safe (and how that’s truly ineffective).
- How unfathomable it is that anyone could truly escape Diet Culture without an understanding of identity in Christ.
- How defeating diet mentality without feeling secure in Christ and having his help daily is practically impossible.
There is so much gold in this episode, you may need to listen twice!
Need more help defeating diet mentality?
Connect with Erin and Char Lee here: https://intuitiveeatingforchristianwomen.com and follow on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/intuitive.eating.podcast/
Listen to previous coaching calls here where we talk more about defeating diet mentality:
Learn more about Compared to Who? here: https://www.comparedtowho.me
Ready to take the FREE 5-Day email challenge? Sign up here.
Want to support the show on Patreon or learn how to leave a review? Learn more at https://www.comparedtowho.me/podcast
Click here to download!