Your privacy is critically important to us. At Compared to Who?
Who We Are and What This Policy Covers
Howdy! Compared to Who is a ministry and blog run by Heather Creekmore.
- This website (including www.comparedtowho.me; www.heathercreekmore.com, and www.christianbodyimage.com)
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
Information We Collect
We only collect information about you if we have a reason to do so–for example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, or to make our Services better.
We collect information in three ways: if and when you provide information to us, automatically through operating our services, and from outside sources. Let’s go over the information that we collect.
Information You Provide to Us
It’s probably no surprise that we collect information that you provide to us. The amount and type of information depends on the context and how we use the information. Here are some examples:
- Public Profile Information: If you’ve set up a public profile or gravatar through WordPress, this information may automatically be accessible to Compared to Who when you comment on a post.
- Transaction and Billing Information: If you buy something from us–sign up for personal training or purchase a shirt or e-product–you will provide additional personal and payment information that is required to process the transaction and your payment, such as your name, credit card information, and contact information. Square and PayPal are two services we use to process payment that have separate privacy policies.
- Content Information: Depending on the Services you use, you may also provide us with information about you when you comment on blog posts. For example, if you write a comment that includes biographic information about you, we will have that information, and so will anyone with access to the Internet, if you choose to publish the comment publicly. This might be obvious to you…but it’s not to everyone!
- Communications with Us: You may also provide us information when you respond to surveys, send a question or speaking request through an online form, or post a question in the comments section of a blog post or page.
- RSS Feed Management: Should you choose to subscribe to posts via RSS feed, we will have access to the email address you provide to FeedBurner. We may also have access to cookies and analytics.
Information We Collect Automatically
We also collect some information automatically:
- Usage Information: We collect information about your usage of our pages. For example, we use Google analytics to track how long you are on the page and what page you found our page from. In some cases, the search term you used in a search engine will tell us information about what you were looking for when you found our page. All of this information is tracked through services like Jetpack for WordPress.org and Google analytics.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, calculate how many people visit our pages from certain geographic regions. We may also collect information about your precise location via our mobile apps (when, for example, you post a photograph with location information) if you allow us to do so through your mobile device operating system’s permissions. This is all tracked through Google analytics and not a separate program run by Compared to Who.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or log into your WordPress.com account through another service (like Google) or if you connect your website or account to a social media service (like Twitter), we will receive information from that service (such as your username, basic profile information, and friends list) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
We may also get information from third party services about individuals who are not yet our users (…but we hope will be!), which we may use, for example, for marketing and advertising purposes.
How We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and as follows:
- To provide our services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, host your website, backup and restore your website, or charge you for any of our paid Services;
- To further develop our services–for example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them to create and manage their websites more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our services, which helps us improve our site and make it easier to use;
- To monitor and protect the security of our site, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Compared to Who and others;
- To communicate with you about offers and promotions offered by Compared to Who? and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on us and our products; and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, provide content recommendations and serve relevant advertisements.
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information.
We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information) and those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers). We require vendors to agree to privacy commitments in order to share information with them.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request. For more information on how we respond to requests for information about WordPress.com users, please see our Legal Guidelines.
- To Protect Rights and Property: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Compared to Who, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site.
- Aggregated and De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Information Shared Publicly
Information that you choose to make public is–you guessed it–disclosed publicly. Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties. Please keep all of this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
While no online service is 100% secure, we work very hard to protect information about you against unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction, and take reasonable measures to do so. To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to enable our advanced security settings, like Two Step Authentication.
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
- Limit the Information that You Provide: You can choose not to provide the information requested. Please note some information is required for purchasing and transactions will not be made without appropriate billing information.
- Opt-Out of Electronic Communications: You may opt out of receiving weekly messages from us. Just follow the instructions in those messages. If you opt out of promotional messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices.
- Set Your Browser to Reject Cookies: At this time, Compared to Who does not respond to “do not track” signals. However, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our website, with the drawback that certain features may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Other Things You Should Know (Keep Reading!)
Compared to Who blog is accessed worldwide. By accessing the site you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, which may have rights and protections that are different from those in your home country.
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Third Party Software
If you’d like to use third party software like plugins with our site, please keep in mind that when you interact with them you may provide information about yourself to those third parties. We don’t own or control these third parties and they have their own rules about collection, use and sharing of information. You should review their rules and policies when installing and using third party software.
Heather Creekmore, Compared to Who?
PO Box 2602, Forney, TX 75126
Owner Contact Email: email@example.com