Today Heather welcomes author and podcaster, Mary DeMuth on the show to talk about Leah and other women from the Bible whose stories we may not have learned accurately in Sunday School! Her brand new book, “The Most Misunderstood Women of the Bible” dives deep into stories of women such as Naomi, Rahab, Phoebe, Leah, and even the famously perfect Proverbs 31 “woman.” Mary and Heather talk about some of these women, their stories, and what to do if you feel misunderstood.
Here are a few key points from Leah and Other Misunderstood Women of the Bible:
- What does it mean to be misunderstood?
- How Leah’s story shows us what’s most important about
- What does it mean to have a beautiful soul?
- The huge shift in thinking about whose beauty we are looking for.
- How relying on our body for validation may connect to being misunderstood.
- Proverbs 31– It’s not really for women! What?
- The story of Phoebe and her connection to Romans that you’ve probably never heard!
- What do you do when you feel misunderstood?
- How we attempt to self-correct so we won’t be misunderstood.
- How we misunderstand our worth and identity in Christ.
- How sometimes the Holy Spirit does direct us to defend ourselves, and sometimes he directs us to be quiet.
Visit https://www.MaryDeMuth.com/misunderstood for the freebie: 64 Truths and Proclamations for When You’re Misunderstood or connect with Mary DeMuth here: https://www.marydemuth.com or on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/marydemuth/ or listen to the Pray Everyday Podcast.
Buy Mary’s latest book, “The Most Misunderstood Women of the Bible” here (Amazon affiliate link): https://amzn.to/3FmytCi
Connect with Compared to Who? and take the FREE 5-Day Email Challenge: https://comparedtowho.me/5-day-email-challenge/
Leave a question for Heather to tackle on the air: https://www.comparedtowho.me/podcast
Get on the waiting list for Fall coaching: Email Heather at Heather @ Compared to Who. Me