Today Dr. Juli Slattery and I tackle a tough topic: What do you do when you think your husband hates your body. I’ve have many women reach out to me over the years with this concern. Today, Dr. Slattery and I take a look at this issue from a few different angles and offer hope and help to women who need encouragement in this arena and in their marriages. Sometimes our struggle is about false beliefs and assumptions surrounding our men and what they expect us to look like. But, other times there have been words said or expectations set that can make it feel like you won’t be loved unless your body changes. Dr. Slattery helps us break down where to find hope, healing, and truth in each of these situations.
Here are some topics discussed in our conversation about what to do if you feel like your husband hates your body:
- How to process if your husband has made unkind comments about your body.
- How to take a fresh look at your marriage, intimacy, and what’s really going on if you feel like your husband hates your body.
- How a good sex life has little to do with what your body looks like.
- Why losing the pounds or fixing the part won’t actually work to win your man’s attention.
- How to drop out of the imaginary “beauty contest” for your husband’s attention and develop true intimacy.
- What to do if he’s not initiating sex or if you’re always turning him down.
- How to use what you’ve got to enjoy a fulfilling and pleasure-filled sex life.
About Dr. Juli Slattery
Dr. Juli Slattery is a clinical psychologist, author, speaker and the president/co-founder of Authentic Intimacy. Juli earned her college degree at Wheaton College, an MA in psychology from Biola University, and an MS and a Doctorate degree in Clinical Psychology from Florida Institute of Technology.
From 2008-2012, Dr. Slattery served at Focus on the Family writing, teaching, and co-hosting the Focus on the Family Broadcast. In 2012, she left Focus on the Family to start Authentic Intimacy, a ministry devoted to reclaiming God’s design for sexuality. In 2020, Juli launched SexualDiscipleship.com, a platform designed to help Christian leaders navigate sexual issues and questions with gospel-centered truth.
Juli is the author of twelve books and host of the weekly podcast “Java with Juli.” Juli and her husband Mike are the parents of 3 sons; they live in Akron, Ohio. Learn more about Authentic Intimacy and find helpful resources at: www.authenticintimacy.com
Connect with Compared to Who?
Interested in coaching? Email heather to see if there are any spots left: firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Helpful Resources: