This engaging and fun interview with Amy Carlson–an RD and Eating Disorder specialist for more than twenty years–will make you smile and encourage your heart. We have a straight talk about what to do if you walk away from the doctor’s office (or anywhere) feeling like you have a mandate to lose weight. Plus, Amy answers the question, “What if I really need to lose weight, or want to? How can I be non-diet or not use diets if I really need to drop some pounds for my health!”
We also talk about how to have a “normal” relationship with food. This conversation goes in so many fun places – I had to make it two episodes! Don’t miss the second part on Tuesday because it will encourage your heart.
Today we talk about:
- “The Holy Grail of Weight Loss” – How an older, more mature dietician gave Amy this surprising secret!
- What to do if getting weighed at the doctor is a stressor for you.
- How to understand where your doctor is coming from if your only mandate is weight loss.
- How to become an expert on your own body, plus
- Some of the unfortunate things we’ve done in the church that put too much emphasis on weight loss . . .
Start reading Heather’s latest book, The Burden of Better by downloading the first two chapters free here: Burden of Better Book for Christian Women on Comparison or at https://comparedtowho.me/burden-of-better-book-for-christian-women-on-comparison/