In today’s Intuitive Eating coaching call, Heather talks to her coaches, Erin Todd and Char-Lee Cassel from the Intuitive Eating for Christian Women podcast about how she’s spent so many years trying not to eat and how unfamiliar it is to have that permission.
Today we start by looking at scripture. In Proverbs 13:25 the Bible talks about eating until their hearts are content. Then in Proverbs 14:1, the next verse in the Bible, scripture references a woman using her own hands to tear down her house. We talk about how restricting food leads to tearing down our earthly homes and breaking down our bodies by not nourishing them the way they need.
Here are some other topics we talk about in today’s “Trying Not to Eat” coaching call:
- How odd it is that we tend to praise those who can go without food or “resist” the “temptation” to eat, when eating is necessary and healthy.
- How it is a revolutionary concept to most of us that shrinking our body isn’t the healthiest thing for it.
- How physically good it is for your body to care for it and not uber focus on your weight.
- How we’ve trained our brains to be against our bodies.
- Why trying not to eat is not as healthy as we’ve been taught.
- How eating carbohydrates helps stabilize your blood sugar and makes you feel better.
- What Heather learned about Intuitive Eating when she overdid it with the Bark Thins.
- Who we are really “obeying” when we don’t nourish our bodies.
- How the abundant life isn’t really about getting food right, it’s about having so much life the food isn’t as important!
Have you read Compared to Who? Check it out and start reading free, here: https://comparedtowho.me/compared-to-who-book-for-christian-women-on-body-image/
Ready for some extra support on your journey to body image freedom?
Do you want to believe you are more than a body but still feel stuck? Struggling with the hot or holy paradigm? Check out Heather’s coaching options. Learn more here: https://comparedtowho.me/christian-body-image-coaching-insecurity-confidence-gospel/
Click here to download!