What if managing your image was about more than just your body? Have you ever felt yourself trying to manage your personality? Have you ever tried to portray an “image” of yourself that was more like your ideal than perhaps like you were actually wired? Today, Heather explores the world of personality and image. She shares her personal story of feeling like she needed a personality makeover and how she “changed her image” by becoming more out-going, but what she has learned in the decades since. Heather also references a fantastic book on image called, “Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can’t Stop Talking” by Susan Cain. You can learn more about this book here: https://amzn.to/3DBecsX (Amazon affiliate link).
Here are some other topics covered in today’s episode about personality, body image, and managing every aspect of our image:
- We talk about the end of character-valued culture and how a culture of personality started in the 1920s.
- We talk about myth of charismatic leadership – how more charismatic leaders didn’t necessarily have better results at the end of their careers.
- We discuss ways we may have felt pressure and responsibility to change parts of our personality image that we didn’t think matched our ideal.
- We briefly cover how many churches are set up for extroverts instead of introverts.
- We look at how God wired us all differently for His purpose and on purpose.
Action: Here are some questions to consider after today’s episode: In what ways have you idolized or idealized someone else’s personality? In what ways have you disparaged the way you were wired personality-wise? What if your unique personality is a gift from God equipping you for his purpose in your life?
Ready to get free this year and stop stressing over food and your body? Try Christian Body Image Coaching with Heather.
Grab an individual, one-on-one coaching appointment or preview appointment here: Christian Body Image Coaching or https://comparedtowho.me/christian-body-image-coaching-insecurity-confidence-gospel/