My friend, Integrative Nutrition Coach, Erin Kerry and I have a candid conversation about what 1500 calories a day really does to your brain and body. Did you know that 1500 calories a day can put your brain and your body into survival mode? The concept of the 1500 (or 1200) calorie a diet has been a popular dieting method for decades–but more and more nutritionists, dietitians, and others are exposing the truth that most of us need more than that for healthy brain function.
What does 1500 Calories a Day Do to Your Brain?
Here are a few of the things we discussed in this episode:
- How 1500 calories a day isn’t enough for your body to function well (it’s not enough for a toddler!)
- What making your body run without calories really does to your health (hint: getting skinny isn’t worth it!)
- How not getting enough calories each day can affect your energy levels.
- Why 1500 calories is bad for your brain function
- What havoc a 1500 calories a day diet can cause on other systems of your body (even your reproductive system!).
Listen to today’s conversation and learn the truth about 1500 calories a day.
Connect with Erin Kerry: https://www.sparkingwholeness.com or listen to her podcast: Sparking Wholeness
Connect with Compared to Who? and join our friends’ list and take the FREE 5-DAY Email Challenge: https://comparedtowho.me/5-day-email-challenge/
Need a little extra support? Can’t give up dieting or afraid to let go of food rules that rule you? Consider coaching: https://comparedtowho.me/coaching