You’ll be encouraged by today’s conversation on the topic of overcoming fear to say “Yes” to what God asks of us! Heather’s guest today, Jennifer Hand, is Executive Director of Coming Alive ministries and a missionary who travels the world to minister to people who have just endured a natural disaster. Jenn talks about how she learned to put her “Yes” out there and surrender to God to walk out in faith. Jenn also talks about her journey as a single woman and how she’s learned to trust God for her future in all areas.
In today’s episode about moving from fear to faith we talk about:
- Surrendering our fear, hopes, dreams, and plans to the Lord.
- How Jenn literally wrote out her “Yes” to God and put it out there for him.
- How to “do it” scared, how to keep moving even when you feel fear, and how to show up when you feel burdened with fear!
- Surrendering our bodies (and our body image-what we think of our bodies) to God.
- Jenn’s struggle with body image and what she learned from having a twin sister.
- How to listen to God’s truth over the lies of fear that shout at us.
- Finding the “promised land” of what God has planned for us.
- How we’ve chased the ‘fake’ promised land instead of God’s dreams for our lives.
- How to not compare our “promised land” to other’s promised lands.
- What NOT to say to single women!
- Listen to Heather on Jenn’s show: Coming Alive Conversations here: https://comingaliveministries.libsyn.com/with-heather-creekmore
Meet Jenn Hand
Jenn has a Master’s Degree in professional counseling from Richmont University and although not in private practice, loves to apply the things she learned as she helps you come alive.
Jenn has been professionally speaking since 2004 and became the Executive Director and founder of Coming Alive Ministries in 2012. She spent two life-changing years overseas in South Asia as a missionary and has traveled to 22 countries to share the love of Jesus. Learn more about Jennifer Hand here: https://www.comingaliveministries.com Read Jenn Hand’s brand new book, “My Yes is On the Table: Moving from Fear to Faith” on Amazon here.* (Amazon affiliate link.)
Have you read Compared to Who? Check it out and start reading free, here: https://comparedtowho.me/compared-to-who-book-for-christian-women-on-body-image/
Ready for some extra support on your journey to body image freedom? Do you want to believe you are more than a body but still feel stuck? Check out Heather’s coaching options. Learn more here: https://comparedtowho.me/christian-body-image-coaching-insecurity-confidence-gospel/