Pregnancy can be a rough time on our body image. Rebekah Hargraves helps me dig into the challenges of body changes during and after pregnancy. Rebekah had her first baby in her early 20s, while I had my first in her early thirties. We compare stories and experiences and talk about the pressures we put on ourselves to come out of pregnancy like a celebrity. There’s more to this episode than just pregnancy talk though, here are some other topics Rebekah and I dig into:
- Why she felt relief of having the 6 week after baby required break from intimacy.
- How she learned to believe and accept her husband’s compliments about her body (even after baby).
- The lies moms believe around their bodies, their worth, and their calling as a mom.
- How we respond to what God says about our bodies.
- How Romans 7 & 8 set Rebekah free from some of the lies she had held on to regarding the need to be a “perfect” mom.
- How Rebekah found freedom from the “Mommy Wars”
- And more…
Struggling with Pregnancy and Body Image? Here are some more resources:
Check out these blog posts about pregnancy and body image
- Life is Worth the Weight
- Coveting My Neighbor’s Belly: Pregnancy and Body Image Series
- Pregnancy & Body Image: When You Don’t Think Belly Shots are Cute
- Pregnancy and Body Image: When Pregnancy Ain’t No Picnic
Connect with Compared to Who?
Start reading the Burden of Better or order your copy here: Burden of Better
Join the Patreon community here: https://www.patreon.com/comparedtowho
Leave a review of the show or leave a speak pipe comment: https://comparedtowho.me/podcast
Rebekah Hargraves is a wife, mama, blogger, podcaster, and author whose passion is to edify, equip, and encourage women in their journey of Biblical womanhood, particularly with an emphasis on the gospel and its implications for everyday life. Rebekah’s first book, “Lies Moms Believe (And How the Gospel Refutes Them)” released in 2017, and the “Lies Moms Believe” Companion Bible Study came out in 2018. You can find Rebekah on her website, Hargraves Home and Hearth, on Instagram, or on iTunes via her podcast.