We continue our series talking to non-diet dietitians, with an informative interview with Brooke Fredrickson, RD. Today, Brooke and Heather discuss what it means to eat with grace. Grace-based eating is the opposite of what diet culture teaches. Some of the fascinating nuggets of this conversation include:
- Brooke’s personal story with disordered eating and food rules. (She kept a food journal and wrote a “good” or “bad” verdict at the bottom of each page!)
- How her training to become an RD may have led to an even greater fixation on the food.
- Health at Every Size (HAES) — what it means, what’s good about it, and what might cause you to take caution.
- How removing weight from your food choices can change everything.
- What it means to be weight neutral.
- What to do if you want to start healthier conversations around food and weight, but are surrounded by friends who just don’t get it.
You’ll enjoy this encouraging and truth-filled episode about grace-based eating.
About Brooke: Brooke is a registered dietitian and bible-believing Christian. She uses a non-diet, weight neutral approach to help others heal their relationship with food and their bodies. She is a co-host of the Eat With Grace podcast and runs a private practice in rural North Dakota. She loves to be outdoors, eat delicious food, and spend time with her husband and two kids.
Connect with Brooke at: https://www.brookefredrickson.com or on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/eatwithgrace or Instragram at https://www.instagram.com/eatwithgrace_rd
Connect with Heather at Compared to Who? via Compared to Who? at https://www.comparedtowho.me – Get the FREE 5-Day Email Challenge or download your free walking workout to “lose the weight of comparison.”
Click here to download!